[qutebrowser] Adblock not working properly with local files

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue May 19 14:01:05 CEST 2020

Hey,

First of all: You're not subscribed to the mailing list, so your reply was held
back - I added you to the whitelist now, but if people reply to the mailinglist
without adding you to Cc, you might not receive those messages.

On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 09:37:19PM +0000, Paulo Silva de Alíbano wrote:
> However, they don't quite seem to work in blocking unwanted domains. For
> example, if I go to [1]stackoverflow.com/questions, default avatar
> pictures (of new users) are still loaded, even though they are hosted in
> https://www.gravatar.com, which I have blocked in both files:
>
> $ grep gravatar /home/abc/Downloads/*
> blockentities.txt:127.0.0.1 gravatar.com
> blockservices.txt:127.0.0.1 gravatar.com

The pictures are served from www.gravatar.com, but you're only blocking
gravatar.com. Those are two different hosts.

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/