[qutebrowser] Using importer.py

Erazem Kokot contact at erazem.eu
Mon Mar 30 12:26:18 CEST 2020

Hi,

I tried to use `importer.py` to import my Firefox bookmarks (exported
into bookmarks.html).
Since I couldn't figure out if I can start it from inside qutebrowser,
I downloaded the code from Github and ran the following command:

python3 importer.py -i mozilla firefox bookmarks.html

which showed the following error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "importer.py", line 351, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "importer.py", line 84, in main
>     output_format)
>   File "importer.py", line 293, in import_moz_places
>     places = sqlite3.connect(os.path.join(profile, "places.sqlite"))
> sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file

I also tried the -K option, but the error message was the same.

After that I tried using my Firefox profile folder with the following
command

python3 importer.py -i mozilla ~/.mozilla/firefox/<name>

which returned this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "importer.py", line 351, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "importer.py", line 84, in main
>     output_format)
>   File "importer.py", line 298, in import_moz_places
>     c.execute(place_query[typ])
> sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked

I'm guessing the cause of the 2nd error message is that the profile is
somehow encrypted, but how can I unlock it or use either of the
commands to import my bookmarks?

Regards,
Erazem Kokot