[qutebrowser] Feature request and bug

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jun 11 22:41:55 CEST 2020

Hey,

Note you're not subscribed to the mailinglist, so your mail was held back - I
whitelisted you now, but you'll not get any answers unless people explicitly
add you to Cc.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 01:00:55AM +0100, Andy Ashley via qutebrowser wrote:
> I have a feature request: to be able to delete storage when closing
> qutebrowser.
> The directories:
> .cache/qutebrowser/webengine/Cache/
> .local/share/qutebrowser/webengine/Service Worker
> in particular grow very large. It's difficult to know what I can safely
> delete.

qutebrowser doesn't know more about those directories than you do - they're
managed by the underlying Chromium. You can delete some stuff via :inspector,
though. The one in ~/.cache is definitely safe to delete entirely. The "Service
Worker" one *should* be fine, but there might be semi-persistent data in there
too, I'm not sure.

Also see https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/58

> Memory use has also increased (and keeps increasing the longer qutebrowser
> is running). I've only noticed it since Qt5.15, but I run out of memory
> after 2 days of qutebrowser open, would go a week without noticing before.
>
> Using Arch Linux, Xfce desktop, qutebrowser with webengine backend.

See https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/1476

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org