[qutebrowser] Sharing sessions between machines

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jul 23 13:57:03 CEST 2020

Hey,

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 11:58:29AM +0200, J Pablo Navarro wrote:
> I'm successfully using the setup Simon described in a previous email. The
> thing is I cannot manage to use different session and keep them separated.
>
> In order to open a previously saved session, I need a qutebrowser window.
> Usually that window is the default session for my machine. So, once I load a
> saved session, I have at least two windows. If I surf in one of them, changing
> some of their tabs and then save session, all the windows I have at the moment
> opened are saved as part of that session, mixing contents (default+other).
>
> Is there a way to make sessions stick to single windows? Or maybe save windows
> list of tabs?

There's ":session-load --clear" (which closes all other windows) and
":session-save --only-active-window" (which only saves the currently active
window rather than all of them).

There are also some more ideas floating around on how sessions should interact
with windows:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/pull/5446
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/572

Florian