[qutebrowser] Using importer.py

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Apr 8 11:24:22 CEST 2020

Hey,

better late than never:

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:35:49PM +0200, Felix Van der Jeugt wrote:
> Dear Erazem Kokot,
>
> Quoting Erazem Kokot (2020-03-30 12:26:18)
> > python3 importer.py -i mozilla ~/.mozilla/firefox/<name>
> >
> > which returned this error:
> >
> > > Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >   File "importer.py", line 351, in <module>
> > >     main()
> > >   File "importer.py", line 84, in main
> > >     output_format)
> > >   File "importer.py", line 298, in import_moz_places
> > >     c.execute(place_query[typ])
> > > sqlite3.OperationalError: database is locked
> >
> > I'm guessing the cause of the 2nd error message is that the profile
> > is somehow encrypted, but how can I unlock it or use either of the
> > commands to import my bookmarks?
>
> This last seems correct to me, but maybe qutebrowser is still running
> during execution? I'd expect qb to lock the bookmarks while it's
> running.
>
> I'll leave it up to experts to answer if this is not the solution.

I think Felix is almost correct here: It's probably Firefox which is still
running (or did quit in an unclean way), since the script is failing when
trying to open Firefox' places.sqlite.

qutebrowser's bookmarks are just a plaintext file, not a sqlite database (only
the history is).

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org