[qutebrowser] qutebrowser v1.8.2 released!

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Fri Nov 22 19:04:26 CET 2019

Hey,

I'm happy to announce that I just released qutebrowser v1.8.2.

The main aim behind the release is bundling Qt 5.12.6 for macOS/Windows, which
comes with important Chromium security fixes.

However, I also cherry-picked some bugfixes from master:

Changed
~~~~~~~

- Windows/macOS releases now ship with Qt 5.12.6. This includes security fixes
  up to Chromium 77.0.3865.120 plus a security fix for CVE-2019-13720 from
  Chromium 78.

Fixed
~~~~~

- Unbinding keys via `config.bind(key, None)` accidentally worked in
  v1.7.0 but raises an exception in v1.8.0. It now works again, but is
  deprecated and shows an error. Note that `:config-py-write` did write
  such invalid lines before v1.8.0, so existing config files might need
  adjustments.
- The `readability-js` userscript now handles encodings correctly (which it
  didn't before for some websites).
- <Shift-Insert> can now be used to paste text starting with a hyphen.
- Following hints via the number keypad now works properly again.
- Errors while reading the state file are now displayed instead of causing a
  crash.
- Crash when using `:debug-log-level` without a console attached.
- Downloads are now hidden properly when the browser is in fullscreen mode.
- Crash when setting `colors.webpage.bg` to an empty value with QtWebKit.
- Crash when the history database file is not a proper sqlite database.
- Workaround for missing/broken error pages on Debian.
- A deprecation warning (caused by pywin32) about the imp module on Windows is
  now hidden.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)