[qutebrowser] sorting bookmarks by recency

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Mar 20 17:35:38 CET 2019

Hey,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:16:14PM -0400, Ryan Roden-Corrent wrote:
> Bookmarks appear in the same order they appear in your bookmarks file.
> New bookmarks are appended to the end, so they will actually appear
> last. You can order the file however you like to change the order in the
> qutebrowser UI, but newly added bookmarks will always go to the end.
>
> For what its worth, I rarely notice the order as I tend to rely on
> text-filtering rather than scrolling.

That's true for the :open completion, but not for qute://bookmarks which
Stephen was referring to - that page indeed sorts by title only:

https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/v1.6.1/qutebrowser/browser/qutescheme.py#L178-L181

Ideally the page itself would allow changing the sort order interactively. I
guess many of the qute:// pages could need some love - I opened an issue with
some ideas: https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/4662

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)