[qutebrowser] Per-domain editor.command, or equivalent

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Jan 6 07:48:15 CET 2019

On Sun, Jan 06, 2019 at 01:36:21PM +0930, David Nebauer wrote:
> Excerpts from Jay Kamat's message of January 6, 2019 8:20 am:
> >
> > I already said this in the issue you posted, but I think the cleanest
> > solution for this is to add url pattern support to editor.command directly.
>
> I wholeheartedly agree. As I posted in the issue, I have been able to
> come up with a workaround bound to another key, but it is an unholy
> kludge. I understand that per-domain editor commands may not be a common
> need, but surely I'm not the only one with a legitimate use case for it.

I'm not sure actually. Is there other use-cases you can think of apart
from setting the file type?

If it's only for that, I'd strongly prefer a (per-domain) setting to set
the filename extension for the file getting opened:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/2727

Because then that'd work for any editor, not just vim.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)