[qutebrowser] patch for background window behaviour

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed May 9 10:00:50 CEST 2018

Hey Eike,

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 03:14:44PM +0200, Eike Fokken wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> in issue 818 [1] people (among them me) had the problem that background
> windows grab focus and as it were I could only tell the window manager to
> unfocus all qutebrowser windows or none.
> I wrote a patch that gives background windows the window_role
> "qutebrowser_background" so that the window manager can tell them apart and
> treat them differently.
>
> I think this adds functionality without breaking anything for people not
> using it.
>
> Best
>
> Eike
>
> [1] https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/818

Thanks! I added it as a comment to #3819 because that's a more recent
discussion about the same topic:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/3819

There's currently a lot of contributions and things I plan to look at,
so it might take me a while to get to it.

If you happen to have a GitHub account I'd appreciate getting the same
thing as a pull request instead so everything is at the same place - but
if not, that's fine as well. :)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)