[qutebrowser] Newbie’s question about Email websites with Qutebrowser

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jan 20 17:39:42 CET 2018

Hey,

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 06:23:54PM +0000, Toogad KZhang wrote:
> I ran into a problem when visiting Gmail with it though. I wanted to select
> multiple emails and then delete. But when I pressed ‘f’ for the hints, the
> checkboxes on the email list didn’t seem to be recognized by the browser.

That's because they aren't actually checkboxes, they are just some
random elements with a JavaScript click handler.

Support for those might improve in the future:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/178

> Searched help message but couldn’t find an answer. Any suggestions?

You might want to look into using a proper mail client instead ;-)
I switched from GMail's webinterface to mutt (and now neomutt[1]) some
years ago and wouldn't want to go back.

[1] https://www.neomutt.org/

Florian

--