[qutebrowser] right-click: open in new tab

Stephen Davies (sdavies) sdavies at umw.edu
Sat Jan 13 00:31:35 CET 2018

    An element of Firefox's functionality that I miss is the ability to hover
over a hyperlink with the mouse, right-click, and get "open in new tab" on the
popup menu. (Granted, 90% of the time I open-in-new-tab via the keyboard and
"hints," but it turns out I still want the other functionality the other 10%
of the time, namely when my hand is already on the mouse.)

    Is this already possible in qute as long as I configure things the correct
way? (And if so, what is that way?) Or is this a feature that would have to be
added? (And if so, how hard would that be to add?)

    Note that I don't simply want a left-mouse-click on the hyperlink to open
in new tab, because I want left-mouse-click to open in the SAME tab. In other
words I want to control whether I get same-tab or new-tab opening behavior,
and my way of controlling that in FF was left-click vs right-click-and-choose-
popup-menu-item. (Perhaps there's a better way to control that that I should
be using.)

    Thanks,

- Stephen Davies, Ph.D.
  (stephen at umw.edu)