[qutebrowser] News about qutebrowser on Gentoo, Fedora and Debian (testers needed!)

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Nov 16 10:03:25 CET 2017

Hey!

Just some quick news about how things look for qutebrowser in various
distributions.

Gentoo
------

After being stuck on an ancient v0.9.1 for a long time, the package recently
got picked up by Justin Bronder (thanks!) and is up-to-date (v1.0.3) again
since a couple of weeks.

Debian
------

Thanks to Fritz Reichwald (and Axel Beckert who's sponsering the package),
qutebrowser v0.11.0 is currently in the NEW queue since a few weeks:
https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Once it gets checked (and hopefully approved) by the Debian FTP masters, it'll
land in the official Debian repos, and an upgrade to v1.0.3 should follow
shortly afterwards.

Fedora
------

Fedora also hasn't seen any update since v0.10.1, but that's changed thanks to
Timothée Floure (fnux) picking it up (with help from Tomas Orsava and
Miro Hrončok).

The plan is to update to v1.0.3 for Fedora 27, and v0.11.1 for Fedora 25
and 26.

However, those updates need some testing before they make it into the repos:

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-d1a1731d8c (Fedora 25)
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-432db0c7d6 (Fedora 26)
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2017-5918910b2c (Fedora 27)

If you use Fedora, please help test them!

Thanks - and I hope I didn't miss anyone,

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
   GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072  | https://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc