[qutebrowser] "Stylish"-like plugin for qutebrowser

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Jun 4 14:31:01 CEST 2017

Hey,

On Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 02:24:43AM +0200, Paško Zdilar wrote:
> To keep it short - I like qutebrowser very much, and I would like to know
> if it is possible to have another feature in it - something similar to
> "Stylish" from chromium which allows users to add custom CSS styles for
> frequently visited sites - mostly in order to change the bright background
> to dark for late-night browsing.

You can already do ":set ui user-stylesheet" and set that to a CSS you'd
like to use - I personally use this:
https://github.com/alphapapa/solarized-everything-css

However you can't set a styleheet per-domain yet. That's going to come
soon though with per-domain settings on which I'll work full-time
starting next week, see:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the-compiler/qutebrowser-v10-with-per-domain-settings/

> I just want to check with you guys if it already exists, if someone is
> working on it, or is it possible at all. I am a computer science student
> and very passionate about programming so I would love to contribute if I
> could.

I'm always happy about contributions! :)

If you still want to contribute with something else, there's a list of
isses marked easy:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aeasy

And also some issues related to JavaScript and C++ rather than Python:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ac%2B%2B
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Ajavascript

Florian

--