[qutebrowser] Let certain websites override qutebrowser keys

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jan 14 08:05:15 CET 2017

Hey,

* George <geo909.fora at gmail.com> [2017-01-14 05:40:25 +0200]:
> Hi all,

You're not subscribed to the list, so your message got hold back, but
I added you to the whitelist now ;)

> I was wondering if it is possible to let certain websites override
> qutebrowser's keys.
> For instance I would like to use j and k in gmail to go down and up my
> messages, but qutebrowsers will handle those instead.

If those are bound to :scroll and not :scroll-px (you can check with
:bind j), then qutebrowser will send fake cursor presses to the
webpage. Does GMail not handle those? If it does, you might be seeing
this: https://github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/1209

You can also add a :fake-key command, i.e. something like (untested):

    :bind -f j scroll down ;; fake-key j

However that will then always send that to the website when you
scroll, not only on GMail. Doing bindings per-domain might be added at
some point with per-domain settings though :)

Florian