[qutebrowser] keyword bookmarks

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Feb 20 09:23:14 CET 2017

Hey Amos,

Sorry for the late answer - I was busy with exams and your mail got
filtered as you're not subscribed to the list ;)

* Amos Joshua <amos at asperasoft.com> [2017-01-29 22:20:29 -0800]:
> I am trying to recreate the keyword-bookmark functionality in pentadactyl -
> I've read through the docs several times and cannot figure out how (or if)
> I can have a bookmark with a substitution, e.g. I'd like "yt foo" to open "
> youtube.com/results?search_query=foo". Is this possible and if so, how can
> it be accomplished?

Bookmarks can't do that in qutebrowser, but there are search engines.
When you do something like:

    :set searchengines yt https://youtube.com/results?search_query={}

(untested) you can do :open yt foo.

Florian