[qutebrowser] Which manjaro distro = best for qutebrowser?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Apr 27 22:59:31 CEST 2017

Hey Trevor,

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 11:35:30AM +0200, Trevor Robertson wrote:
> (You can ignore the email I sent from rocky.hillside7 at gmail.com = the one I
> use on my phone, I forgot about the membership thing.)

FWIW I added that to the whitelist now, so you'll be able to send mails
from there too.

> Qutebrowser crashed a few times in manjaro i3 edition community edition - I
> sent a report - but don't worry too much. It is an old laptop that I
> installed this on.
>
> If there is a different manjaro distro that you think should give the least
> problems that I will rather just try that one instead. (I like using the
> keyboard and the idea of the i3 tiling manager but the non-i3 manjaros
> might be more customisable anyway with regard to the keyboard.)
>
> -> Say I install one of the mainstream manjaros: Which desktop environment
> should I choose?

Which DE you use shouldn't affect qutebrowser much. What's more
important is that you either install qt5-webkit-ng, or install
qt5-webengine and start with "--backend webengine". Some features
(most notably private browsing) are still missing, but qutebrowser will
likely be running much more stable.

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)