[qutebrowser] Is there a way to prevent qutebrowser from re-writing my configuration file?

Nishant Rodrigues nishantjr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 21:52:40 CEST 2017

Heya,

I'd like to manage the changes I make to qutebowser's config manually, with
comments that help understand
why I added a setting (rather than what it does) so that a few months down
the line I understand what workflows
I had in mind for changing that setting.

While I could just copy the configuration I've stored in my dot-files repo
manually each time I start the browser I'd rather not have behavior
specific to qutebrowser.
Is there a way to prevent automatic writing to the main configuration file?
If not, would you'll accept patches that allow this behaviour?

What modifications are made to the configuration when it's written to?

Thanks,
Nishant