List of Currently Opened Tabs?

Chris Salzberg chris at dejimata.com
Fri Jan 29 23:00:38 CET 2016

Hi

Just jumping in, but I have a setup on i3wm where through the i3 IPC I
send an ordered history of recently-opened windows to an open port on
localhost so I can then pick them up from other scripts.

One of those scripts just filters for "qutebrowser" and returns all the
open qutebrowser "tabs". I use this from rofi to get me a list of open
browser windows, most recently opened on the top.

One tricky thing is that for this setup I need to include the i3 window
id (con_id) in the script that returns the windows to rofi, otherwise I
can't actually find back the window from the script (I have no way to
identify it).

I'd be curious to hear if anybody else has found other ways to do this.

Chris