[qutebrowser] Where is log output in Windows

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Aug 29 07:29:05 CEST 2016

* David Nebauer <davidnebauer3 at bigpond.com> [2016-08-28 10:38:13 +0930]:
> Does anyone know how to access log output in Windows?
>
> When I run "qutebrowser --loglevel info --debug" in a linux console the log
> messages are output to the console.
>
> If I run the same command at a Windows 7 command prompt there is no output.

As far as I know, on Windows, an application can be marked either as
windowed application (no stdout available at all), or as console
application (a console window will pop up on every start from the
GUI).

qutebrowser is configured as the former, so I don't think there's any
way to get output in the console.

What you can do however is ":open qute:log" to view the logs of a
running qutebrowser instance.

Florian