[Lebenslaute-Info] 2013 > 2. Rundmail (28.3.): Flyer online, Englischtext hier

Lebenslaute-Info-Verteiler lebenslaute-info at listi.jpberlin.de
Do Mär 28 23:59:38 CET 2013

Liebe Interessierte!
Der Aufruf-Flyer fuer unsere beiden Jahresaktionen 2013 und ihr
gemeinsames Probenwochenende ist erschienen. Ihr koennt ihn ueber
http://www.lebenslaute.net/?page_id=1347 ansehen, selbst ausdrucken und
zum Verteilen gedruckte Exemplare bestellen. Wenn ihr Uebersetzungen in
weitere Sprachen außer dem folgenden beispielhaften Englischtext
erarbeiten moechtet, schreibt uns das bitte an lebenslaute2013 at riseup.net.
Ansonsten: Anmelden nicht vergessen. Je eher wir wissen, dass ihr
mitmachen moechtet, desto besser laesst sich planen! Ein schoenes
Wochenende ;-)

-----

WWW.LEBENSLAUTE.NET  -  LEBENSLAUTE  Action Concerts 2013

JUNE 17, BERLIN: Music, not Deportation "Aufspielen statt Abschieben -
Music for Free Movement" (Preparation: June 13 to 17)

AUGUST 11-12, BÜCHEL: Music for Disarming "Aufspielen zum Abrüsten -
Concert Blockade of the Atomic Weapons Depository in Büchel" (Preparation:
August 8 to 12)

INVITATION to sing in our choir, to play in our orchestra, to help us with
the practical organization or to come and be part of our active audience.
Rehearsal Weekend in Kassel: May 24 to 26, 2013.  We invite you to join us
in the following endeavors.

AUFSPIELEN STATT ABSCHIEBEN - MUSIC FOR FREE MOVEMENT (Music, not
Deportation - Music for Free Movement)
The refugees‘ organisation "Karawane" (thecaravan.org) is conducting an
International Tribunal against the Federal Republic of Germany from June
13 to June 16, 2013 in Berlin.  They are accusing the German local, state
and federal governments of participating in sealing Europe off from its
surrounding countries.  This leads to thousands of deaths at its outer
borders.  Further accusations: subjection to racism on a daily basis,
subjection to state induced forms of harassment such as inhumane
barracking (Lager), virtual exclusion from the job market, imposition of
residency obligations severely restricting freedom of movement, repeated
threats of deportation etc.  The Tribunal will also examine the crimes of
the colonial era and its consequences, such as contemporary forms of
economic colonialism.
Refugees and Migrants have been organizing in various networks for years.
They have engaged in active resistance against humiliation,
discrimination, segregation and inhumane treatment. Thus it came to
frequent hunger strikes of persons crowded into barracks; protest camps
were set up in the centers of cities; and around seventy refugees marched
from Würzburg to Berlin between September 8 and October 6, 2012. They
thereby openly disregarded the legally binding residency regulations
imposed upon them.
Lebenslaute stands in solidarity with the refugees‘ organisations and
supports the goals of the International Tribunal.  In coordination with
them Lebenslaute will emphatically carry their demands into the middle of
the government district in Berlin on June 17, 2013.  With a Concert
Blockade Lebenslaute will openly and audibly stand in the way of those
politicians and government officials who bear direct responsibility for
these policies of state induced racism.

AUFSPIELEN ZUM ABRÜSTEN (Music for Disarming) - Concert Blockade of the
Atomic Weapons Depository in Büchel
There are twenty nuclear weapons with the destructive power of 200
Hiroshima bombs permanently stationed in Germany.  They are deposited
underground at the military airbase near Büchel in the Eifel region.
These weapons of mass destruction belong to the USA but are to be flown
and dropped by the German air force in case of war.  The procedures for
this are practised regularly by German pilots.
Atomic weapons must be eradicated immediately, in Germany and universally.
 But for decades the German military and all previous government party
coalitions have insisted upon retaining these nuclear bombs.  Now they are
even to be upgraded: the planned modernisation of the atomic bomb guidance
systems will cost Germany 250 Million Euros, just to continue maintenance
of the Tornados.
Antimilitaristic peace groups have long been protesting against the threat
of murder which emanates from these weapons in Büchel.  Over the years
many actions have aimed at pouring sand in the transmission of this
smoothly running, deadly military machine and have thereby made the
protests known to a wider public.
On August 11/12 the collective action event  "Abrüstungsinstrumente –
Rhythm beats bombs. Musikblockade und Happening am Atomwaffenlager Büchel"
will take place as part of the campaign "atomwaffenfrei.jetzt" (in
English: Atomic Weapons Out Now!).  Together with the other participating
groups the chorus and orchestra of Lebenslaute will decisively block this
entire military facility.

GOING BY THE NAME of LEBENSLAUTE
… musicians from all over Germany have been gathering annually since 1986
to form a full chorus and symphonic orchestra.  On a regional basis there
have been smaller but more frequent projects.  We are an open group
combining music with social action and perform mainly classical music in
public places where this is not usually expected: on the grounds of
military training areas, inside the halls of airports to prevent
deportations, at nuclear production plants and rocket depositories, as
well as the offices of the Department of Alien Residency and other places
where human life is threatened.
In our choice of concert locations we are not swayed by official
regulations; on the contrary Lebenslaute (English: Life(s)
Sounds/Loud/Lute) actions seek confrontation through previously announced
and conscious civil disobedience.  Our serious concert attire highlights
the legitimacy of our concern.  Whenever possible we strive to strengthen
and support local protest movements.
We prepare ourselves cooperatively and intensely for our concert actions
and act in a united fashion.  Each participant is responsible for
himself/herself and decides to what degree he/she is willing to actively
disobey the laws and regulations involved.  Our decisions are made on the
basis of mutual consent / grassroots democracy.  The needs and concerns of
all participants are taken into account.  Those faced with possible legal
ramifications are supported by the mutual solidarity of the Lebenslaute
network and other cooperating groups.

MUSIC PROGRAM 2013
F. Mendelssohn: Symphony Nr. 4 op. 90, "Italian", 2. and 3. Movements;
J.S. Bach: Introductory Chorus of Cantata BWV 39 with new wording; H.
Eisler: Bilder aus der Kriegsfibel, excerpts, Text: B. Brecht; L. Janáček:
Ach Krieg (Alas! War); M. Chao: Clandestino; Kraftwerk: Radioaktivität
(Radioactivity) among others...

REHEARSAL WEEKEND in KASSEL: May 24 to 26, 2013
We become acquainted, begin rehearsals and thematic work on our projects
in Berlin and Büchel.  We plan our action projects.  Room and Board
(vegetarian/vegan) with cost sharing according to one‘s own financial
estimate.

DAYS OF PREPARATION AND ACTION 2013: June 13 to 17 & August 8 to 12
(Arrivals for the Action Projects: in BERLIN June 12 & in BÜCHEL August 7)
Here we rehearse our concert music, discuss our project planning and
practise democratic consensus building, respecting the wishes of all.  We
prepare ourselves together for our action.  Room and Board
(vegetarian/vegan) with cost sharing according to one‘s own financial
estimate.

CONTACT/INFORMATION/JOIN US (What do you need to enable your participation
in one or both of these projects: information, child care, special help?)
c/o Sabine Will, Fehrbelliner Str. 7, 10119 Berlin; Tel. 030/4499779,
LL-Mobiltelefon 0160/92619994, Mail lebenslaute2013 at riseup.net
DONATIONS: LL bank account E. Reinhardt, Sparda-Bank Hannover (BLZ 250 90
500), Kto: 102936992, For: 'LL2013' or 'Tribunal' or 'Abrüsten'
LINKS: www.refugeetribunal.org - www.atomwaffenfrei.de - www.lebenslaute.net