It's possible to lock using the gnome-screensaver

Thorsten Wißmann edu at thorsten-wissmann.de
Mon Aug 7 11:13:50 CEST 2017

Hi Diego,

On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 04:50:12PM +0000, Diego Bernardes wrote:
> My linux has the Gnome and the Herbstluftwm and i want to lock/change
> user/logout/screensaver from Herbstluftwm using everything from Gnome
> (gdm, screensaver, etc..), is it possible?

  - logout: quit herbstluftwm.
  - switch users: call gdmflexiserver (its provided by gdm, for light-dm
    it is: /usr/bin/dm-tool switch-to-greeter).
  - lock/screensaver: you can call gnome's screensaver (I don't know how
    to start it from the command line) or use the desktop-independent
    tools like i3lock, xscreensaver, ...

Best,
Thorsten