Minor bug

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:37:25 CEST 2015

Simplest case: a tag, one frame and an xterm in it. I am running panel.sh,
to display tags, window title, date and time. For xterm, the window title
is the shell prompt string and current directory. If you simply exit from
the shell, say with ctrl-d, the window title remains in the panel. Switch
to another tag and then back to the original tag, and the title gets
updated correctly. I note that panel.sh does look for the
window_title_changed event, so I'm guessing that the window manager itself
is failing to generate the event in this case, but I haven't researched
this carefully so it's just a guess.

Note that if you have two xterms in the frame with different current
directories and thus different window titles, if you exit from one, the
window title in the panel gets updated correctly.

This is not an xterm-specific problem -- I'm just using xterm as a simple
way to reproduce this. If you have just a browser in a frame and close it,
the same problem occurs.

I'm running herbstluftwm 0.6.2-2 on an up-to-date 64-bit Arch Linux system.