Feature request: disable window border

Martín Cigorraga martincigorraga at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 04:26:16 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm sure you guys have already a lot of important stuff requiring urgent
attention (and I know about the possible upcoming migration to C++) so I
want to just propose this feature for whenever you see fit: I would like to
have an option to tell hlwm to turn off windows' borders when there's only
one window active.

Current behaviour is to show the window border all the time or not at all;
when dealing with several windows it comes handy but when there's only one
window active it feels quite obtrusive...

Before enjoying the wonders of hlwm I used spectrwm (scrotwm) for quite a
time and there I had this option:
# Remove window border when bar is disabled and there is only one window in
workspace
 disable_border = 1

As this is my first email to the list I want to take this opportunity to
congratulate you for this beautifully flexible and powerful WM, a very joy
to use and enjoy.

Best regards,
-Martin