[Gen-Streitfall] FW: [Hongkong05] Fw: [WTO-INTL] ALERT - Vandana in HK on GMO ´ s Water etc.

Hanni Gramann hannigramann at t-online.de
Di Nov 29 10:06:32 CET 2005

------ Weitergeleitete Nachricht
Von: "Carol Bergin" <Carol.Bergin at t-online.de>
Antworten an: hongkong05 at listi.jpberlin.de
Datum: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:26:02 +0100
An: <hongkong05 at listen.attac.de>
Betreff: [Hongkong05] Fw: [WTO-INTL] ALERT - Vandana in HK on GMO´s Water
etc.

fyi
Carol
----- Original Message -----
From: Vandana Shiva <mailto:vshiva at VSNL.COM>
To: WTO-INTL at LISTSERVER.CITIZEN.ORG
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:06 AM
Subject: [WTO-INTL] ALTERT

WTO-INTL - the listserv the Our World Is Not For Sale network (OWINFS)
Intimate -- Confidential -- Unmoderated
To post hereto, send messages to wto-intl at listserver.citizen.org

Dear Friends,

I have just come back from a pre Hong Kong Ministerial Meeting consultation
organised by our Commerce Ministry and UNCTAD. Supachai gave the keynote
address. In response to one of the questions related to GMO's, he talked
about the WTO GMO dispute. He said without mentioning countries, that the
country impeding import has lost.

As you know the WTO is with holding the announcement of the GMO dispute
between US and Europe till after the WTO Ministerial in order to not create
problems. Supachai's comments even without naming countries indicate that
the EU has last. We need to prepare to make the force feeding of GMO's and
the expansion of Monsanto's monopolies a big issue in Hong Kong especially
since WTO wants to avoid this. This is even more important given that our
dear friends in France have been jailed for their GMO action last week.

We are organising a number of events at which we can raise this issue. The
details are as follows :

INSIDE THE WTO MINISTERIAL
 Date                    Title of Workshop                            Time
Room NO.

14.12.2005

TRIPS, Biodiversity, Food

Security and Public Health

10.00 – 12.00

15.12.2005

Alternatives to Agriculture

Agreement : New Rules

10.00 – 12.00

16.12.2005

WTO, Women and Agriculture

10.00 – 12.00

409

AT BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB

14.12.2005
Defending Water Commons
3.00-6.00

1

15.12.2005

Impact of Ten Years of WTO on

Farmers and the Environment

3.00-6.00

3

16.12.2005

Women take on the WTO

3.00–6.00

1

18.12.2005

Beyond WTO and AoA :

Alternative Rules of Agriculture

3.00-6.00

1

Please let me know who among you would like to join us and in which session.

I will be staying at Regal HongKong Hotel, Ph. + 852 2881 0777 and my mobile
number is +919810025169.

With warm regards,

Vandana Shiva

A-60, Hauz Khas
New Delhi - 110016
Ph : 91-11-26535422 / 26561868 / 26968077
Fax : 91-11-26856795 / 26962589
email : vshiva at vsnl.com / vandana.shiva at gmail.com
Email : vshiva at vsnl.com
Website : www.navdanya.org <http://www.navdanya.org>