[fyeg_gen-l] Join FYEGs Week of Climate Action!

FYEG Communications communications at fyeg.org
Wed Nov 27 10:50:05 CET 2019

Dear Greens, activist, and Green allies,

A storm is brewing across Europe... No, it's not the #GreenWave this
time... It's a wave of Climate Action getting ready to strike (in some
cases literally) all over Europe 🌍

We're launching a week of Climate Action:

 🗳 27th - Vote on the new EU Commission

🔥 28th - EU Parliament votes on declaring Climate Emergency

❗️29th - Day of Global Climate Action

⛏ 30th - Blocking the mines @ Ende Gelände

⚡️ 3rd - Start of the COP25 in Madrid

Vote of the new EU commission (12:00 CET)

In the last European Elections, millions of young voters across Europe
demanded more action from the European Union towards a Sustainable Europe,
a Social Europe, a Welcoming, Inclusive and Feminist Europe. Following
these elections, despite the attempts from Greens to create a large
coalition based on content, Ursula Von der Leyen was elected as president
of the European Commission. Member States later nominated candidates for
Commissioner who were questioned by the European Parliament.

Want a recap? Check out FYEG’s Twitter thread on the Commissioner hearings,
here <https://twitter.com/FYEG/status/1197112972918902784?s=20>.

Overall, we can’t trust this Commission. Young people voted for a change.
Young people voted for urgent climate action, social and just and inclusive
and a feminist Europe. We demand it right here, right now.

We don’t trust the Von Der Leyen to bring the change the European Union
needs. We can’t afford to take the risk to lose the next 5 years because we
don’t have time.

The Federation of Young European Greens calls on Members of European
Parliament not to vote in favour of the Von Der Leyen Commission.

We have prepared an online action kit
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1P-8aQNZiSeKNLKa9SAjec-Dx1oGa8hvk> for
today where we ranked EU Commissioners that we think are problematic and
have serious conflicts of interest

The kit includes scorecards of 5 EU Commissioner-designates in Twitter
format and Facebook format

How else you take action?

- Follow the livestream in the European Parliament plenary here
<https://www.europarl.europa.eu/plenary/en/home.html>- Share FYEG’s
statement on the EU Commission vote
<https://fyeg.org/news/we-do-not-trust-von-der-leyen-commission>- Use our
templates for your own social media posts about the vote
- Share FYEG’s Twitter thread
<https://twitter.com/FYEG/status/1199624827902025728?s=20> on the vote
- Share FYEG’s Facebook post on the vote

EU Parliament votes on declaring Climate Emergency

We will be sharing our online action a factsheet and materials about the
vote on declaring climate emergency in the European Parliament/

Day of Global Climate Action

Keep an eye out on our Green Team and social media channels for more
information. If you are at an action, don’t forget to tag @FYEG in your
Instagram posts, stories and Tweets!

Blocking the mines @ Ende Gelände

We will be sharing live stories on Instagram and Tweets of activists at the
action and also feature some updates from Young Green MEPs that will be
there as Parliamentary observers.

Check out our call to action
<https://fyeg.org/news/call-activists-ende-gel%C3%A4nde> for more
information!

Join the FYEG goes Ende Gelände Telegram chat 👇🏼

http://bit.ly/FYEG2EG

Questions? Contact @NilsRueb on Telegram or 📩 nils at fyeg.org

COP25 in Madrid

We will have a Young Green delegation present at the COP25 in Madrid! We
will be sharing live updates on actions and on the progress of the
negotiations. More info will follow soon on this!

Questions? Contact @catzzmeifyoucan on Telegram or 📩
communications at fyeg.org

We’re looking forward to an exciting week with you all!

Be Brave, Green Europe!

--
*Kelsey DePorte*
Communications Officer

*Federation of Young European Greens*
EU Transparency Register ID *756739622445-07*
31 rue Wiertz, Brussels,
<https://maps.google.com/?q=31+rue+Wiertz,+Brussels,%C2%A0Belgium+B-1050&entry=gmail&source=g>Belgium
B-1050
<https://maps.google.com/?q=31+rue+Wiertz,+Brussels,%C2%A0Belgium+B-1050&entry=gmail&source=g>