[fyeg_gen-l] [CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS] Future of Activism (deadline: 29/07)

FYEG Communications communications at fyeg.org
Mon Jul 22 16:05:27 CEST 2019

[image: image.png]

Brave Young Green!

The Federation of Young European Greens is announcing an open call for
participants of the study session “*Actions Speak Louder Than Words - Youth
Engagement, Grassroots Activism and the Future of Democracy*''. The study
session is organised in collaboration with the Youth Department of the
Council of Europe and will take place from 20th (arrival day) to 27th
October (departure day) in the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg, France.

This study session will be an attempt to zoom out from our everyday
activism and youth work, and to understand what drives young people to
engage in activism and politics today. What are the causes and social
issues young people are passionate about? What drove activists to organise
and act 30, 20, 10 years ago and what is driving us today? What are the
social, economic, demographic, technological and political conditions that
drive or hinder young people's engagement today? What can we learn from the
history of youth-led movements? Why does activism take so many shapes in
different parts of Europe?

Climate strikes, Extinction Rebellion, Ende Gelände, ... We've seen some
badass activism. In Strasbourg, we'll be discussing what's next. DEADLINE
for submitting online applications: *Monday 29 July 2019 at midnight CET*

Feel like signing up already? Find all your information and apply here:
https://fyeg.org/news/call-participants-actions-speak-louder-words

Have an excellent week,
Jan

--
*Jan Steurs*
Communications Officer

*Federation of Young European Greens*
EU Transparency Register ID *756739622445-07*
31 rue Wiertz, Brussels,
<https://maps.google.com/?q=31+rue+Wiertz,+Brussels,%C2%A0Belgium+B-1050&entry=gmail&source=g>Belgium
B-1050
<https://maps.google.com/?q=31+rue+Wiertz,+Brussels,%C2%A0Belgium+B-1050&entry=gmail&source=g>