[fyeg_gen-l] 🔴 FYEG goes live from Istanbul

Communications Officer communications at fyeg.org
Mon Mar 6 07:44:28 CET 2017

It's the second day of the Demasculinisation of Politics
<http://fyeg.org/dopevent> project, taking place in Istanbul, Turkey. The
programme today is loaded with interesting input from activists and acting
politicians. We therefore, decided to go live!

First, "Queering Politics" is a panel discussion on struggles of queer
(trans, non-binary), lesbian, non-male representatives in political
structures and processes. We invited *Sevil Turan,* former spokesperson of
the Green and Left Future Party in Turkey, *Sedef Çakmak*, Member of CHP
Beşiktaş Municipality City Councilor and human rights activist and *Mina
Tolu*, Communications Officer at Transgender Europe. You can stream it here
<http://"Queering Politics" is a panel discussion on struggles of queer
(trans, non-binary), lesbian, non-male representatives in political
structures and processes. We invited Sevil Turan, former spokesperson of
the Green and Left Future Party in Turkey, Sedef Çakmak, Member of CHP
Beşiktaş Municipality City Councilor and human rights activist and Mina
Tolu, Communications Officer at Transgender Europe.> at 8:00 AM CET.

Later, we teamed up with *MEP Terry Reintke*. She was invited to share her
own experience of a young woman in high politics - what challenges did she
face on the way and is still experiencing now. Terry is a member of the
Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality and will present us what
are the newest initiatives put forward on EU level. You can stream the
discussion here <https://www.facebook.com/events/143801422807144/> at 3:30
PM CET.

Tune in!