[fyeg_gen-l] CALL FOR APPLICATIONS :: The European Left and the IP-Conflict :: Berlin, 10-13. Sept 2015

paul.fabel at gruene-jugend.de paul.fabel at gruene-jugend.de
Thu Jul 2 15:40:02 CEST 2015

Dear All,

we, the members of Orga-Team, are happy to invite you to join our seminar in
Berlin this late summer. From now on, our application form is online. All
you have to do is to fill in the form and have a few days to spare in
mid-September. We are looking forward to having you, discussing the
perception of this conflict which is also being discussed intensely right
now within the Olive Tree Branch process.

Applications are welcomed:  <http://www.gruene-jugend.de/node/27229#gothere>
http://www.gruene-jugend.de/node/27229#gothere

Although hosted by the German Young Greens and taking place in Berlin, we
will conduct this seminar in English and/or provide translation for those
who need.

Please find the description of our seminar here (or as well on the website):

After the last armed conflicts between Israel and Palestine, multiple
demonstrations through all of Europe followed. Ranging from the capitals to
provincial towns people occupied the streets to speak up for one or the
other side. Both claim to have found human rights violations and violations
against the law in the other group's actions and both accuse each other.
Often, those claims resulted in a blaming with very little proper reason and
many times even in militant action. We encountered some demonstrations to
have reached undemocratic tendencies and to have turned into a forum for
general criticism. At the upcoming seminar we would therefore like to
discuss how the left generally reacts towards Israel and how young people
phrase their claims when they are in public demonstrations to insure that
they are fair and appropriate.

We want to generally deal with the dispute over the conflict and especially
with reactions to the militant/violent demonstrations last year. We aim to
not only search for answers in Germany but on international grounds. It is a
seminar for people among the young greens who are willing to discuss the
conflict on a higher level. Certainly not a history seminar but rather one
to arrange a form of adequate dialogue concerning the region.

We are looking forward to your application and to the upcoming seminar!

The Orga-Team