[fyeg_gen-l] APPLY: Call for participants Spring camp: ''Mission inclusion''

FYEG Project assistant project.assistant at fyeg.org
Fri Jan 30 12:31:08 CET 2015

Call for participants

Spring camp ‘’Mission inclusion’’

Deadline for applying: February 13, 2015, midnight CET

Location:  Úštěk, Czech republic

Date: 2-10 April 2015

Profile of applicants:

Young people between 18-35 from all over Europe interested in topics of
inclusion, Roma & minority rights, human rights in general, Green politics
and anti-discrimination policies and in work on these topics after the
project.

We expect to get together a diverse group of 60 participants of various
backgrounds, including marginalized groups.

Project description:

Our main emphasis will be on building a capacity that would keep the gained
knowledge under the umbrella of FYEG and would encourage further work on
anti-discrimination initiatives and activities for longer period of time.
This event is expected to serve as motivating, networking and learning
platform connecting formal, non-formal and transformational/experiential
and informal learning.

Main objectives:

   -

   to raise awareness about discriminatory behavior and right-wing
   extremism in Europe
   -

   to develop competences of participants to work on inclusion and
   anti-discrimination
   -

   to develop set of implementation steps and an action plan for a topical
   European youth working group
   -

   to strengthen cooperation of youth organisations and marginalised young
   people
   -

   to use the expertise of relevant organizations working on the topic as
   source of good practices
   -

   to bring different people from different background at one inclusive
   place to discuss common issue

Why:

We see the effects of the economic crisis and the failure of governments to
implement adequate policies on social cohesion, particularly migration,
Islam and Roma inclusion. The economic and financial crisis has exacerbated
the employment gap between minorities and migrants on the one hand, and the
majority population on the other, portraying minorities as economic,
security and cultural threats.

Far-right extremist and neo-Nazi opinions and other authoritarian opinions
and political actions are increasingly finding their way into mainstream
politics. Although this phenomenon is not new, it has become more real
threat recently. Xenophobic forms of nationalism and the number of
political parties whose programs encourage racial and ethnic hate are on
the rise.

We recognize this situation as a threat to democracy and fundamental
freedoms. We would like to get better understanding of it and build a
capacity that will continue working on expertise, analysis, and possibly
build set of awareness raising activities/trainings on policy development
in this field, where we would like to get more involved.

We would like to broaden our knowledge on existence of legislation and/or
policy measures covering discrimination in Europe and for ways of inclusion.

Further on, we would like to highlight the issue of social exclusion,
especially when it comes to Roma in the Czech Republic, is regularly
criticized by international human rights organizations as well as by
Council of Europe, European Commission. The region of Severní Čechy is
known in the field of social exclusion and problematic coexistence of the
majority society with minorities. Therefore we have chosen Úštěk and hotel
Racek for our Spring Camp as it is in the middle of the region of North
Bohemia, close to Ústí nad Labem and offers all necessity service what we
need for such important event.

Part of the event will be a conference “How to deal with Right-Wing
Populism in Europe” with members of the European parliament, NGO
representatives, Czech local parliamentarians and other experts.

Activities within the seminar:

   - Interactive workshops, presentations, skills share and discussions
   - Conference
   - Field visit
   - Networking with relevant local NGOs
   - Action
   - Trainings and Capacity building
   - Follow-up planning

Tasks:

Get ready in the preparatory phase

Take active part in the program of the event

Help with preparations of follow up and stay involved in work on the topic

Practicalities:

Travel: FYEG will reimburse at least 70% of your travel costs from Europe.
We will ask you to book your travel immediately after the confirmation of
your selection to keep travel costs lower.

Meal: Vegetarian/vegan meals will be provided.

Please fill the online
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eJKgdjGjbirrfqq5JDybdbdcxN8Rign8p9DEkbu2lm0/edit?c=0&w=1>
application
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eJKgdjGjbirrfqq5JDybdbdcxN8Rign8p9DEkbu2lm0/edit?c=0&w=1>
form
by February 13th.

For questions, you may contact Josef Smida (FYEG EC member) via
josef at fyeg.org or Gio Meghrelishvili via project.assistant at fyeg.org.

The project is supported by the European Youth Foundation.

Good luck!