[fyeg_gen-l] Reminder - Call for PrepTeam members for Seminar on Israel-Palestine

Paula Keller paula-x-wine at web.de
Sun Feb 8 12:11:56 CET 2015

Hey,
you have exactly a week left to apply. So, don’t miss out on this great opportunity!!!

the "European and International Working Group" of the German Young Greens is going to have a seminar on the Isreal and Palestine conflict from September 11th until the 13th, 2015, in Berlin. As we are now getting down to organising this seminar, we would like to make it as international as possible. Therefore, we will invite people from other member organizations of FYEG to join us in September.

We will form a prep-team in which you can participate!
This is your chance to work together with great German young greens to organise an event for Europeans on the conflict following up the FYEG Olive Branch Tree discussion, with a special focus on the investigation of why we have such a hard time discussing when it comes to Isreal and Palestine and how the European left is/has dealing/dealt with the conflict. To become a part of this phenomenal team you simply have to send in
your name
your MO
a short motivation on why you’d like to join the prepteam.
Please do all of this until the 15th of Febuary to team-ff-globales at gruene-jugend.de .
We are looking forward to your application.
Once the prep team is esablished and the process up and running, we will send you more information and dates for applying for the seminar.

But first of all, here you’ll find a more detailed discription of what we are planning to do during this weekend in September.

After the last armed conflicts between Isreal and Palestine, multipe demostrations through all of Europe followed. Ranging from the captials to provincial towns people occupied the streets to speak up for one or the other side. Both claim to have found human rights violations and violations against the law in the other group's actions and both accuse each other. Often, those claims resulted in a blaming with very little proper reason and many times even in militant action. We encountered some demostrations to have reached undemocratic tendencies and to have turned into a forum for general criticism. We would like to discuss how the left generally reacts towards Israel and how young people phrase their claims when they are in public demonstrations to insure that they are fair and appropriate.

We want to generally deal with the dispute over the conflict and especially with reactions to the militant/violent demonstrations last year. We aim to not only search for answers in Germany but on international grounds. Therefore this seminar would favor a cooperation with FYEG in organising and working out the event. We are trying to reach people among the young greens who are willing to discuss the conflict on a higher level. We certainly to not want to put up a history seminar but rather to arrange a form of adequate dialogue concerning the region.

We are looking forward to your application and to the upcoming seminar!!!

with green love,
Paula from the German Young Greens Working Group, coordinator of the "European and International Working Group"
(and Paul, coordinator of the FYEG "Peace and Conflict WG")