[fyeg_gen-l] CfA :: Prep-Team members for Israel-Palestine-Seminar in Berlin, organised by German Young Greens in coop. w/ FYEG

Paul Fabel paul.fabel at gruene-jugend.de
Tue Apr 21 23:50:32 CEST 2015

Dear All,

the German Young Greens' Working Group on European and Global Affairs is
going to have a *seminar on the Isreal and Palestine conflict*from
*September 11th until the 13th, 2015,*in *Berlin*.

*We will form a prep-team in which you can participate! *
This is your chance to work together with great German young greens to
organise an event for Europeans on the conflict following up the FYEG
Olive Branch Tree discussion, with a special focus on the investigation
of why we have such a hard time discussing when it comes to Isreal and
Palestine and how the European left is/has dealing/dealt with the
conflict. To become a part of this phenomenal team you simply have to
send in

  * *your name*

  * *your MO*

  * *a short motivation on why you’d like to join the prepteam.*

*Please contact us if you are interested:*paula.keller at posteo.de
<mailto:paula.keller at posteo.de> and/or paul.fabel at gruene-jugend.de
<mailto:paul.fabel at gruene-jugend.de>

We are looking forward to your application.
Once the prep team is esablished and the process up and running, we will
send you more information and dates for applying for the seminar.

But first of all, here you’ll find a more detailed discription of what
we are planning to do during this weekend in September.

After the last armed conflicts between Isreal and Palestine, multipe
demostrations through all of Europe followed. Ranging from the captials
to provincial towns people occupied the streets to speak up for one or
the other side. Both claim to have found human rights violations and
violations against the law in the other group's actions and both accuse
each other. Often, those claims resulted in a blaming with very little
proper reason and many times even in militant action. We encountered
some demostrations to have reached undemocratic tendencies and to have
turned into a forum for general criticism. We would like to discuss how
the left generally reacts towards Israel and how young people phrase
their claims when they are in public demonstrations to insure that they
are fair and appropriate.

We want to generally deal with the dispute over the conflict and
especially with reactions to the militant/violent demonstrations last
year. We aim to not only search for answers in Germany but on
international grounds. Therefore this seminar would favor a cooperation
with FYEG in organising and working out the event. We are trying to
reach people among the young greens who are willing to discuss the
conflict on a higher level. We certainly to not want to put up a history
seminar but rather to arrange a form of adequate dialogue concerning the
region.

We are looking forward to your application and to the upcoming seminar!!!

with green love,
Paula and Paul from the German Young Greens Working Group on European
and Global Affairs