[fyeg_gen-l] You want to join the Democracy Action Camp in Brussels? - Call for Applications

Armin Steuernagel steuernagel at democracy-international.org
Tue Mar 18 21:25:08 CET 2014

Dear all!

I am Armin, member of FYEG and Democracy International, fighting for more democracy in Europe. Do you want to work for a better and more democratic Europe? You want to have a week of fun in Brussels together with many people from all over Europe? You want to learn more about Democracy and Europe?
Then apply now for the Democracy Action Camp in Brussels!
Democracy International is offering you the opportunity to join a fully funded one-week action camp in Brussels  from 3rd to 10th of May, to support the campaign for a more democratic Europe, to discuss with civil society organisations and politicians, and to meet young activists from all over Europe. The camp will include democracy workshops, trainings on persuasive speaking and campaigning, discussions with Members of the EU Parliament and European experts, networking opportunities, and the chance to work with peers from all around Europe on a great campaign.

You want to join the group of young multi-national European Democracy Campaigners? Apply now! https://www.democraticeuropenow.eu/actioncamp

What is Democratic Europe Now?
The great project Europe needs you! It needs you to be transformed from a previous top-down Europe to a bottom-up Europe, a Europe in which everybody feels involved, a Europe of the citizens. The campaign network "Democratic Europe Now" of organisations and individuals from across Europe is fighting for more democracy in the EU. We demand changes that strengthen participatory democracy and the engagement of citizens in EU decision-making. We think that citizens should be more than mere spectators to the political process. The only way to truly attain democratic reforms in the EU Treaties and to trigger an open debate about Europe is through an EU Convention. That’s why the campaign is building up support around Europe and across the political spectrum to call for an EU Convention.

The Action Camp

In order to bring the democracy issues onto the EU agenda and to generate support for our demands, we have contacted every candidate for the upcoming European Parliament elections. We have asked them to sign a pledge of support for a Convention that discusses democracy in the EU. Now we need to follow up with those candidates that are most likely to be elected, and convince them personally. Participants in the action camp will be calling high-profile candidates to talk about the importance of European democracy, an EU Convention and TTIP and convince them to sign the pledge. Additionally, the action camp will include a busy programme of democracy, campaigning and rhetoric workshops; discussions with Members of the European Parliament and with EU experts; a tour of the European Parliament; getting to know Brussels‘ civil society landscape and lobbying industry; and networking
opportunities and social events.

Apply: http://www.democracy-international.org/sites/default/files/PDF/brussels_campaign_action_camp_application_form.docx

If you have further questions, just contact me: steuernagel at democracy-international.org

Green Greetings,