[fyeg_gen-l] FYEG condemns the violence in Ukraine / Solidarity picture action

Krassina Demireva krassina at fyeg.org
Sun Feb 23 13:59:28 CET 2014

Dear FYEG member organizations and activists,

For the last couple of days we were witnesses of a quite dynamic political
situation in Ukraine. Violence escalated and brought to the dead of many
innocent people there. The Federation of Young European Greens stands in
solidarity with the Ukrainians, who have been struggling for many months to
bring democracy and freedom back to their country. We condemn the violence,
and want to see new democratic and fair elections. Read
more<http://www.fyeg.org/main/index.php/news/press-releases/725-the-federation-of-young-european-greens-condemns-the-violence-in-ukraine->
.

In addition the Global Justice Working Group would like to hold a picture
solidarity action for the protesters in Ukraine. You can take a picture of
yourself holding up a sign with a statement of solidarity and some hashtags
like #Euromaidan #Automaidan #Maydan, #Kyiv and #Lviv. Post them in twitter
and facebook starting from tomorrow, Monday, the 24th February at 18:00
CET. Please use the hashtags when posting them. Send also the pictures to
Marc Buschlueter (mabuschlueter at web.de), so we can publish them on the FYEG
facebook page.
--
*Krassina Demireva*