[fyeg_gen-l] CALL FOR ARTICLES : Smash Capitalism for Global Justice !

Marie Pochon marie at fyeg.org
Fri Nov 29 19:13:28 CET 2013

Dear all,

Christmas draws near folks, can you hear them? The sound of all these
little little hands packing up thousands, millions, billions of nice things
for Santa to toss from his flying cart into people's chimney all over the
world. You know, the guy that used to dress in green and switched to red
for Coca Cola! These little little hands that we like to imagine looking
like hundreds of happy goblins, when they are working 10 to 15 hours a day,
missing school, sometimes without a wage, by millions. Yay! Who ordered
here a new I-phone this Christmas?

The problem is: according to the International Labor Organisation, there
are today 168 million children in child
labour<http://www.ilo.org/global/topics/child-labour/lang--en/index.htm#a2>in
the world. More than half of them, 85 million, are in hazardous work.
One billion people (17% of the world’s population)
<http://www.un.org/cyberschoolbus/french/habitat/units/un05hous.htm>don’t
have a chimney to welcome Santa Claus, often because they don’t even have a
decent house to live in. Our global economic system is deeply rooted in
structural scheme that endanger Human Rights, Environmental protection,
democracy, peace and empowerment in most places of the planet.

The Indignados, Anonymous, the 99%, or the movement Occupy, are all
symptomatic of the harsh struggle going on in our societies against this
economical system. The Basic Unconditionnal Income, that is now about to be
discussed at the European Commission through the
ECI<http://basicincome2013.eu/>ending in January, is symbolic of a
real social revolution, highlighting
human dignity and humanitarian progress rather than capital accumulation.

This violent divergence of models is now capturing headlines. For the
occasion of the International Human Rights Day on December 8th, in between
the TTIP discussions and the Basic Income ECI signatures collection, the
Ecosprinter Editorial Board, in cooperation with the Global Justice Working
Group of FYEG, is calling for your contributions in December for this wide
and pro-eminent debate on our economic system, its failures, its
alternatives.

*Is capitalism the root of today’s global injustice and Human Rights
violations?*

Send us your contributions before 7th of December, as pictures, articles,
caricatures on the issue at ecosprinter at gmail.com with in cc.
marie at fyeg.org, which will get published on
www.ecosprinter.eu, and the blog of the Global Justice Working Group.

Don't forget that you can also follow us on twitter at @ecosprinter , and
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/fyegecosprinter> !

Thank you very much, and looking forward for your contributions,

Green hugs,

The Ecosprinter Board, and the Global Justice Working Group

----

The call for articles published by the Global Justice WG yesterday on the
lists and that you might have read is part of this common call for
articles. If you are interested in writing a contribution on Human Rights
and general Global justice topics, you are invited to send them to
ecosprinter at gmail.com ! Thank you !

--
Best Regards,

Marie Pochon