[fyeg_gen-l] Join the Climate Camp in Germany

Michael Bloss michael.j.bloss at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 15:13:12 CEST 2013

Dear all, here an invitation from our friends from the climate camp in
Germany. Please join them, its gonna be interesting and fun.

Best,

Michael

Dear everybody interested in energy, our climate and our future,
**

we would like to invite you to our climate camp in Hohenmölsen, Germany,
from 5 to 8 September 2013. The climate camp Hohenmölsen 2013 is a peaceful
meeting of young people from Germany and Europe to exchange on different
sources of energy, climate protection and the impacts of climate change. A
special focus will be on brown coal, our camp is situated close to an open
brown coal pit. The camp will offer many opportunities for exchange between
different people, to create networks, gather new ideas, act together and of
course to have lots of fun!****

We aim at:****

--> attaining profound knowledge on energy and environment****

--> critically looking at the use of brown coal and open pits****

--> finding ways to contribute, create and act on common goals****

You find a detailed programme below.****

For more information see http://www.klimacamp.eu/ and
https://www.facebook.com/pages/B%C3%BCndnis-Klimacamp-Hohenm%C3%B6lsen-2013/600899166604315?ref=stream
****

We are looking forward to welcoming international participants! For any
questions contact us at info at klimacamp.eu.****

Please also forward this information.****

Best regards!
For the organizating team,****

Stephanie Malek and Jochen Dreetz****

**

** **

** **

** **

Preliminary programme – Climate Camp Hohenmölsen 2013****

Day****

Time****

Workshops****

Actions & events****

Wednesday, 04.09.2013****

>From 16 pm****

** **

Arriving, getting to know each other, building the camp****

Thursday, 05.09.2013****

10-12 am****

Global impacts of climate change: climate refugees (Stephan Bischoff, tbc)**
**

** **

** **

2 – 4 pm****

Energy in citizens’ hands: energetically self-sufficient regions and
decentralized energy supply (Dr. Conrad Kunze, Office for a democratic
energy transition, Technical University Cottbus)****

** **

** **

4-6 pm****

** **

Action in Hohenmölsen****

** **

7 pm****

** **

The mixture is decisive – successful strategies of resistance at the
example of agro genetic engineering (Jörg Bergstedt, Projektwerkstatt
Saasen) ****

Friday, 06.09.2013****

10-12 am****

Regional impacts of climate change (Dietmar Weihrich, Green member of the
federal state parliament of Saxony-Anhalt and spokesperson on environmental
policy)****

** **

** **

2-4 pm****

Alternative economy : Perspectives of a Post-Growth-Economy? (Felix
Wittmann, Konzeptwerk Neue Ökonomie)****

** **

** **

4 – 6 pm****

Workshop with the citizens‘ initiative Röcken & Stößen and the citizens‘
initiative against Carbon Capture and Storage (tbc)****

Vegan Food – a contribution to climate protection: cooking workshop (Nala,
Vegan in Halle)****

** **

8 pm****

Penal Discussion “Actions in the Burgenlandkreis against climate change”****

** **

Saturday, 07.09.2013****

10 am – 6 pm****

Trip to visit the open brown coal pit, villages, the museum on Nitzsche, a
swimming lake****

** **

** **

6 – 8 pm****

Power destroys environment – on the interconnection of environment
destruction and power – with a special focus on energy (Jörg Bergstedt,
Projektwerkstatt Saasen) ****

** **

** **

8 pm****

** **

Concert : Peter Scollin (Australia/Berlin) and party****

Sunday, 08.09.2013****

11 am – 1 pm****

Perspective 100% renewable energy (Astrid Schneider, solar architect,
spokesperson of the national working group on energy of the Greens Germany)*
***

** **

** **

1 pm****