[fyeg_gen-l] Call for applications: 1st Semester of the Green Academy of the European Green Party

FYEG office at fyeg.org
Thu Sep 22 07:59:03 CEST 2011

Dear All,

September, as always, has brought a new season to Brussels and with it a new
group of stagiaires and advisors beginning their work experience in
Brussels. We are looking for those who are most Green in heart & mind to
offer a unique chance to broaden your horizons, to network and get to know
the Green political family!

That's why the European Green Party is inviting 20 motivated individuals to
participate in the first semester of our Green Academy.

The course is meant for real Green minded interns and professionals who are
interested in politics in general and the European green movement in
particular. We offer you a series of personal training sessions and
workshops spread over 2 weekends and 2 evenings from October until December.

Throughout the course you will have the chance to meet Green politicians,
discuss about policies as well as the history and future of Green parties in
Europe. You willl also work on developing some practical skills that can be
useful in a local, national or international political Green environment.
Besides the meetings we will also have some homework for you.

We have scheduled the following dates for the Fall 2011 semester:

*Saturday 8 & Sunday 9 October both from 10.00 – 17.00*

*Wednesday 26 October from 17.00 – 20.00*

*Tuesday 22 November from 17.00 – 20.00*

*Saturday 10 December from 10.00 – 17.00*

We can offer a place for about 20 candidates, covering most of the costs of
the training and only asking for a small contribution of EUR 40 including
lunch and dinner on the weekend sessions. Deadline for applications is 28
September.

Places are limited and we need to make a selection. Therefore we would like
to ask you to write a 1-2 page motivation letter setting out why you want to
participate in this training, what you hope to learn from it and how you are
planning to contribute to the green movement in the future. Furthermore we
ask you to add a Curriculum Vitae and the attached application form. We will
make a selection based on your CV and the motivation letter. The selection
will, among others, aim to create a diverse group.

Those interested to take part, should send their applications addressed to
Jacqueline Cremers Secretary General via sandor.blasko at europeangreens.org

To see if this is something for you, come along to our *Introductory
Cocktail* at the EGP party office (Rue Wiertz 31) on *Wednesday 21 September
@ 18.30 – 20.00*

Apply now to get more out of your stay in Brussels!

Green greetings,

--
Kind regards / Bien a vous,

*Sandor** Blasko*