[fyeg_gen-l] Wanted: New Coordinator for FYEG Gender Working Group

Valerie Schult valerieschult at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 20 18:31:04 CET 2010

Hey All

This call goes to members of the FYEG Gender Working Group as well as
members of the FYEG Public Gender mailinglist and any other person in a FYEG
MO interested in gender issues.

WANTED: New Coordinator for FYEG Gender Working Group

*Who we are?*

We are a bunch of 10 people from all over Europe, motivated to work on
issues about gender and women rights. This includes for example analysing
the structures of FYEG in regard of gender or applying for funding for
seminars. This can be topics like gender in the labour market or
intersectionality. We are always aware of actual events regarding to gender
and think about actions. For example the “Day against Violence against
Women” we published an article series on this issue in Ecopsprinter (check
out: http://www.ecosprinter.eu/ ) . We also try to motivate the member
organisations of FYEG to do something on gender.

 In August 2010 we met for the first time and are now working through our
mailinglist and discussing every second Tuesday with a skype conference.
There we inform about our progress and are distributing responsibilities for
coming up projects.

*What do do as a coordinator?*

There are two main tasks as a coordinator:

-Keeping the *overview *about the ongoing of tasks and projects

-Doing the agenda for skype-conferences and moderating them

A coordinator should always know what was discussed during skype-conferences
and keep an eye on the further progress of distributed tasks there. She or
He can draw up an agenda for the skype-conferences, according to the tasks
done during two skype-conferences.

Don't worry, it is very easy and once you've got you first skype-conference
as a coordinator it will be no problem for you to develop further work

*Time?*

**Approximately 3 - 4 hours a week

(can be less or more, it depends)

*How to apply?*

Send an email with your application to fyeg_gender-l at listi.jpberlin.de until
the *1**st** January 2011. *

Just write shortly what you've done so far in regard to gender issues and if
there is anything you would like to do. Your MO should be inside FYEG and
your age should be 18 to 30 years old. No photo needed.

You should be interested in gender issues and look forward to work with a
great team of young dedicated people.

The decision will be made by all members of the Gender Working Group on
their skype-conference at Tuesday, 4th January 2011. Please write in the
application your skype-name, so we can add you - if chosen - to our
conference.