[fyeg_gen-l] Fw: Food Not Bombs Fall Tour

ILIOSPOROI iliosporoi at yahoo.gr
Wed Aug 25 08:31:11 CEST 2010

iliosporoi - infoaction youth network on social and political ecology /// www.iliosporoi.net /// www.myspace.com/iliosporoi /// iliosporoi facebook /// iliosporoi twitter

Hi again! Thanks for all the interest form the last email.  We are already

starting to set our fall schedule.  The rocky economy and the increase in
hunger make it more urgent then ever to encourage your classmates to take
action. This is a great time to approach your classmate and speak with

student groups about organizing "The Change We Knead Now! presentation.
Student groups like Amnesty International, SDS, Students working to slow
Climate Change and Animal rights clubs can co-host this interesting event.

We know this presentation can inspire interest in your student organization
as well as encourage your classmates to volunteer with Food Not Bombs.
Please talk to us about how you can bring "THE CHANGE WE KNEAD NOW! -  BAKE

GOODS NOT BANK BAILOUTS Tour" to your community. With a billion people
going hungry each day how can we spend another dollar on war?

Thanks again for your time.
Keith McHenry
co-founder of the Food Not Bombs Movement

keith at foodnotbombs.net

Disasters Could Push Food Prices Up
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/08/12-0

THE CHANGE WE KNEAD NOW! -  BAKE GOODS NOT BANK BAILOUTS Tour  2010 - 2011

http://www.foodnotbombs.net/speaker.html

What people are saying!
http://www.foodnotbombs.net/what_are_people_saying.html

Please forward this announcement to your email lists. Thanks so much for

your help.

THE CHANGE WE KNEAD NOW! -  BAKE GOODS NOT BANK BAILOUTS Tour  2010 - 2011

http://thechangewekneadnow.net

http://www.foodnotbombs.net/speaker.html

"it will be a great day when our schools get the money they need & the air

force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
http://www.foodnotbombs.net/bakesale_poster.html

You can schedule a solar demonstration and presentation with Food Not
Bombs co-founder Keith McHenry. He will demonstrate how to prepare solar
baked goods and give a presentation about the history, principles and and

Food Not Bombs' global campaign for the change we knead now! Volunteers
recover, prepare, and share vegan meals and groceries in nearly 1,000
communities around the world. Volunteers are busy feeding the hungry,

supporting nonviolent direct actions in resistance to the global economic,
political and environmental crisis. At the same time our activist are
providing solutions many local concerns, planting organic gardens,

repairing bicycles  to give access to transportation, organizing Really
really Free Markets and restoring abandoned housing with Homes Not Jails.
Tax payers have spent trillions to bail out the banks and fund wars for

corporate domination now it's time to bail out our communities.

Food Not Bombs started in 1980 when eight college aged activists dressed
as generals and started holding bake sales pretending to buy a bomber.

Thirty years later Food Not Bombs organized a two month long vigil outside
the White House baking bread in a solar oven to build popular support for a
conversion from a carbon based war economy to a sustainable solar future.

Volunteers are providing food to thousands forced into poverty by corporate
exploitation and disregard for the environment. You can help build the
movement by scheduling our 45 minute presentation about the history,

principles and current actions of the Food Not Bombs movement plus our 15
minute video about Food Not Bombs in Africa.

We also offer workshops about Amnesty International and their work for our
freedom, our work for human and animal right, the environment, nonviolent

trainings, solutions to illegal spying, how to make decisions by consensus,
and how to start a Food Not Bombs group in your community. This is a great
way to interest your classmates in participating in your student

organization and introduce them to some of the actions they can take to
make a difference.

THE CHANGE WE KNEAD NOW! - BAKE GOODS NOT BANK BAILOUTS TOUR
1-800-884-1136

http://thechangewekneadnow.net/

http://www.foodnotbombs.net/speaker.html

"it will be a great day when our schools get the money they need & the air

force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber."
http://www.foodnotbombs.net/bakesale_poster.html

Volunteer with your local group.
http://www.foodnotbombs.net/contacts.html

Start a local Food Not Bombs chapter.