[fyeg_gen-l] Project Survival Media Applications due Sept. 18th

catrinel mocanu trina at fyeg.org
Thu Sep 17 14:34:13 CEST 2009

*Hey greens!*
*This is a very cool project! Maybe some of you would like to get involved.
*
*Check it out!The deadline is tomorrow...(sorry for the delay)*
*
*
*green hugs!*
*
*
*Trina*

[image: PSMbanner-WonBblue.jpg]

Greetings Youth Journalists and International Youth Delegation,

Project Survival Media is a global youth journalism network that aims to
influence the outcome of the landmark United Nations Climate Negotiations
(COP 15) by broadcasting the most critical message of our time: As world
leaders negotiate a new climate treaty, “Survival is Not Negotiable.”

As you know, this December, world leaders are coming together to decide on a
climate policy for the entire world. Currently, the policy being debated is
woefully inadequate and our representatives chalk it up to economic and
political viability.

Young people do not accept this. Project Survival Media is here to bring the
voices of those who are already being impacted as a warning and those who
have found successful solutions as a global and local model for a better
future.

We are especially in need of applicants from Europe and Australia.  All
regions are welcome to apply.

To learn more about the project watch our 90sec video: [image: YouTube -
Support Project Survival Media_1248814280205.png]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7RY_CZsQmA<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7RY_CZsQmA>

*Project Survival Media is calling all passionate youth journalists who want
to use their skills to:*

-   Launch “Survival,” to the forefront of the international political
debate
-   Amplify voices underrepresented by traditional media, and
-   Report on the most compelling climate stories from around the world.

We are seven media teams, one for each continent.  We build stories together
that focus on those roles in society most impacted by climate change:
factory workers, farmers, mothers, organizers, and health care providers.* *

*Who is eligible?*
-    Any young person between the ages of 15-30 who
-    Has some experience in any of the following: blogging, reporting,
photography, or videography,
-    Has either a background in climate change, human rights issues, or
global or local environmental justice struggles.
-    Lives anywhere on one of the seven continents  – aka Planet Earth.

*Click Here to complete an application
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFp4SmRjcVhrSkdycGtJLW4xa0UzM1E6MA>
*to be on one of the Project Survival Regional Media Teams. *ALL
Applications must be submitted by: September 18th, 2009.
*
If you have any questions please email shadia.fayne at gmail.com

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Shadia
--
Shadia Fayne Wood
Project Survival Media Coordinator

http://www.projectsurvivalmedia.org/
itsgettinghotinhere.org
ejcc.org

"A noontide have you been in our twilight, and your youth has given us
dreams to dream."
The Prophet, Kahlil Gibran

--
Catrinel Mocanu