[fyeg_gen-l] Fwd: The world's first climate change generation

Devin Bahceci devin.bahceci at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:02:48 CET 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UN Foundation <mailings at unfoundation.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Subject: The world's first climate change generation
To: devin.bahceci at gmail.com

<http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=vFyS5OwHBYp3tbLpqObH4g..>[image:
UN Foundation]<http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=ZQuyFpjel1A2tYo9TzNGuQ..>
<http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=IlSVV_zJRIVQfT7tP2dWoA..>

Dear Friend,

*<http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=pClSNk-0_JoTOeUlPxRgAQ..>“If
not here then where, if not now then when, if not us then who?”

*This was the question Yugratna, a 13 year-old girl from India, asked
hundreds of world leaders at the UN’s Climate Change Summit last month. With
nearly 3 billion young people making up our world’s population, I am
particularly moved by this question, knowing that the worst effects of
climate change mean so much more to someone her age.

Quite a few of you have told us about your concern for the future of younger
generations, given all that global warming threatens to take away from them.
Whether it’s that cool mountain stream where you fished with your
grandfather or the clean drinking water that Himalayan glaciers provide to
millions, we all worry that *our kids and grandkids won’t enjoy the same
experiences or resources we have.*

However, we continue to be amazed at the reactions and actions of young
people themselves on this
issue<http://www.globalproblems-globalsolutions.org/site/R?i=5Z3ujQlo21Yu3fWV9Sb7vQ..>.