[fyeg_gen-l] FW: EarthCorps: now accepting international applications

Ogy Kovachev ogniancho at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 21:20:32 CET 2008

FYI

  _____

From: Mark Howard [mailto:Mark at earthcorps.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 9:18 PM
To: Ognyan Kovachev
Subject: EarthCorps: now accepting international applications

Dear Ogi:

I'm contacting you because you had previously shown interest in EarthCorps
international programs. EarthCorps recently received funding to increase the
participation of Eastern and Central Europeans environmental leaders in our
programs. I would like to ask for assistance in getting the word out to any
Bulgarian contacts you might in the environmental field.

EarthCorps offers a 6-month service learning program in Seattle, Washington,
USA that brings together emerging environmental leaders to learn the
fundamentals of:

*	Environmental Service

*	Community Building

*	Leadership

EARTHCORPS CHARGES NO TUITION OR FEES for its services and in fact supplies
insurance, individual homestay families, food, gear and a monthly stipend to
all international participants.  A $1,500 airfare scholarship will also be
available to all selected participants from Eastern and Central Europe.
EarthCorps provides additional support in acquiring US J-1 Trainee visas.

EarthCorps has established the following minimum criteria to be considered
for the program:

*        18-25 years of age

*        Conversational English

*        No Criminal Record

*        Physically fit with a desire to work outdoors

BEFORE YOU NOMINATE please note that EarthCorps is required by the US
government to ensure that every applicant meets strict criteria in order to
qualify for a US J-1 Trainee visa. Before you nominate please make sure your
candidates meet the following minimum criteria:

*        4 year college degree in the environmental field and 1 year of
relevant work experience*

-OR-

*        5 years of work experience in the environmental field*

* These criteria are only for meeting US government regulations regarding
the J-1 Trainee visa.

DEADLINES AND START DATES:

*        Candidate Nomination Dead Line: November 28, 2008

*        Applicant Application Dead Line: December 31, 2008

*        Participant selection: January 2009

*        Visa processing: February - April  2009

*        Travel confirmation: May 2009

*        EarthCorps Program starting date: June 2, 2009

*        EarthCorps Program graduation: December 9, 2009

TO APPLY:

Candidates should be referred to EarthCorps by an environmental organization
(i.e. NGO, community group or student club). Materials are available online
at: http://www.earthcorps.org/join_international.php.

Please feel free to contact me via email: mark at earthcorps.org if you have
any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Mark Howard

International Program Manager, Responsible Officer

EarthCorps

6310 NE 74th St., Suite 201E

Seattle, Washington 98115 USA

+1-206-322-9296 ext. 224 office