[fyeg_gen-l] Polish Greens invite you to Poznan for COP 14

Ola Kretkowska cergowa at o2.pl
Wed Nov 5 17:12:21 CET 2008

Dear Greens & Friends,

The *United Nations Climate Change Conference - COP 14* will take place
in Poznan, Poland in December this year (1-12.12.2008, check
www.mos.gov.pl/cop14 <http://www.mos.gov.pl/cop14> and
www.poznan.pl/cop14 <http://www.poznan.pl/cop14>). The conference is
closed to the general public, however, a number of alternative events
focusing on environmental issues and open to the public will be taking
place in Poznan during the conference. During the second week of the
conference, 5-12 December, the Polish Greens will be organising a
*series of debates* in Poznan.

We warmly invite you to come to Poznan during this week. Those who
cannot come for a whole week really should come for the weekend of 5-6
December  :) On Saturday 6th December there will be a large
*demonstration* in Poznan as part of *Global Action Day* 6.12:
http://www.globalclimatecampaign.org. On this day, people all over the
world will be raising awareness of the political challenges brought by
climate change. The largest demonstration will take place in Poznan
under the noses of the delegates of the Conference! We therefore
encourage everyone to come to Poznan on this day.

The Polish Greens will be sending further information about the events
planned for COP 14. Updated information will be available on our
website: www.cop14.zieloni2004.pl <http://www.cop14.zieloni2004.pl/>
(starting soon). In the meantime we would like to gather first estimates
of how many people are coming to Poznan in order to help you find
accommodation.

*TRANSPORTATION *
Getting to Poznan is not difficult.
There is an international airport - Lawica, served by cheap airlines
such as Wizzair, Ryanair and Centralwings.
There are also trains and buses which go into the city centre. There is
a particularly good rail connection with Berlin (4 hours on the train).
You can find railway route planner in English/German/French here:
http://rozklad-pkp.pl/bin/query.exe/en

Useful tourist information in English:
http://www.poznan.pl/mim/public/turystyka/pages.html?id=1065&instance=1017&lang=en
<http://www.poznan.pl/mim/public/turystyka/pages.html?id=1065&instance=1017&lang=en>

*ACCOMMODATION*
The logistics of this may be a little complicated as Poznan will be full
of delegates and guests and hotels are already rather full  ;)  You can
try to ask for hotel at WTC, Central Accommodation Coordinator for the
COP 14:
http://www.wtc-poznan.com.pl/?d=1&t=423&lg=en
<http://www.wtc-poznan.com.pl/?d=1&t=423&lg=en>

For those who have not yet made sleeping arrangements and search for an
inexpensive place, we have organized accommodation in the gym halls of
two schools in the city centre. It is
possible to sleep there from 5-7 December, i.e. over the entire weekend
(from Friday 5th December until the evening of Sunday 7th December). The
schools have been especially reserved for people coming to Poznan for
the demonstration. At the moment there are 2 x 200 sleeping places
available, but the city will make more schools available if there is a need.

The standard of the accommodation - it is in a school, sleeping will be
on the floor and you should bring camping mats and sleeping bags with
you. Washing facilities (toilets, washbasins, showers) will be available
as well as some rooms with tables and chairs. It will of course be
possible to connect electrical equipment and a computer room with
internet access may also be available.

Price: 15 zl (Polish zlotys) per person per day payable on the day of
arrival in cash (15 zl is approximately 4 euros). The schools can not
provide you invoice for your accommodation. As a confirmation of your
payment you will receive simple receipt.

Please contact Aleksandra Kretkowska to reserve a place there:
ola.kretkowska at zieloni2004.pl <mailto:ola.kretkowska at zieloni2004.pl>
In the case of a groups it is best to make a group reservation.

SPECIAL ACCOMODATION
The Poznan Greens will try to ensure as many sleeping places in their
own flats as possible. However, priority will be given to people who
have special needs and who for whatever reason cannot sleep in the
schools, for example due to disability or arriving with a small child
etc. Due to the huuuge number of people coming for the weekend of 5-7
December, we would like to warn you that getting a place to sleep in
someone's flat will verge on the impossible. So if you can, please
reserve a place in a school. After the "main" weekend it may get a
little easier.

Write to me if you have any questions.

See you in Poznan,

Best regards,

In the name of the Polish Green Party "Zieloni 2004",
Aleksandra Kretkowska
Zieloni 2004

www.zieloni2004.pl <http://www.zieloni2004.pl>