[fyeg_gen-l] Reminder: The call for the participants: Summer Camp, 20. – 27. July 2008, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Milan Mitrovic milan at zelenaomladina.org
Tue May 20 02:20:05 CEST 2008

“Youth culture as a sustainable path to democratic society”

Summer Camp, 20. – 27. July 2008, Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

The call for the participants

CDN – Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe (HYPERLINK
"http://www.cdnee.org/"www.cdnee.org) is announcing a call for members of
the international preparatory group (prep team) of the summer camp “Youth
culture as a sustainable path to democratic society”. This project will take
place from 20th to 27st of July 2008 in Bosnia and Herzegovina. This event
has been so far financially supported by Council of Europe, European Youth
Foundation and the Green Forum, Sweden.

Profile of the participants

This call is open for applicants coming from any of the Council of Europe
member states (listed bellow) and Belarus.  The participants should be
interested in the topics of this event, willing to take active part in the
planned activities and open for new experiences and people. The advantage
(but not the condition) is to have green organisation background and the
experience with the topics of the event. Considering that this is a youth
event the participants will not be younger then 17 and older then 32.

We would like to keep participation open for people of different education
levels and with different backgrounds. Important is the diversity of
experience and knowledge. The allocation of participants will be based on
gender and geographical balance. We will use the application files standard
procedure.

DEADLINE for submitting the application (filled in applications form
attached to the call) to HYPERLINK
"mailto:summercamp at cdnee.org"summercamp at cdnee.org is 1st of June 2008 at
12AM CET.

General conditions

If accepted as participant to this event, you should arrange your travel in
most environmental friendly and economic way. You are expected to arrive
before 20th of July and depart only after 2 am on 27th of July.

The organisers will partly reimburse your travel expenses. At the moment we
are not able to confirm the exact amount but we are aiming to be able to
support up to 70% of your travel costs, upon presentation of all the
original receipts. Accommodation, meals, educational materials and
refreshments will be provided by organisers for the entire duration of the
activity, free-of-charge.  The participation fee for the event will be set
at later stage aiming at around 30 euro per participant.

Project information

Where and when the meeting be held

Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

20. July – 27. July 2008

The main themes of this event are youth culture and artistic, creative
activism as a tool for young people to take active participation in politics
and social changes towards more open, democratic and diverse society.

We want to:

Support active participation of young people in Bosnia and Herzegovina and
other non-EU countries (SEE and Former Soviet Union countries) by creating
more space for alternative and informal participation of young people.

Explore and discuss the youth culture, its elements and cultural impact that
it has to the positive changes of the society towards social inclusion and
equal opportunities.

Support changes of the society in which young people are truly able to
express their political thoughts and ideas.

Learn about public art and street activism role in development of youth
culture and sustainable and democratic society.

Objectives:

By locating social obstacles and prejudices of youth life-style based on
intergenerational and intercultural misunderstandings we wish to improve
mutual understanding and lower prejudices between mentioned groups and to
support the vision of citizenship built and guaranteed on equal rights for
all individuals regardless of gender, race, age, religion, class, ethnic or
national origin, sexual orientation, disability, wealth or health.

In the course of the seminar, we would like to promote the activism of youth
organizations and youth non formal groups in post-communist countries, and
in general, enhance the active citizenship of the youth of that specific
region by offering them tools to take active part in democratic processes

By using creative/artistic ways we want to encourage direct action against
different forms of discrimination (sexism, racism, xenophobia,
anti-Semitism, homophobia), against authoritarianism and against
hierarchical order in society.

The seminar program will consist of workshops, educational games, discussion
groups, role play, open space technology workshop and lectures. Additionally
we will form working groups that will during the seminar focus on expressing
their view on role of the youth culture through different art mediums (word
poetry, original music, dance, theater and visual arts). This will also
support future activities by participants and organisation to continue the
work we have started.

Working groups will be formed in order to come up with recourses for future
projects, fresh ideas and views.

We want to make working atmosphere closer to young people from eastern
countries same time keeping the short distance with general methods that
western participants are used to.

We will also use these practices to organize manifestation in the public in
order to support and promote youth culture and youth activism. We will
invite local youth initiatives to join.

Methodology:

We will use multipart composed of lectures, presentations, workshops, role
plays, games, discussion groups, panel debates, working groups, taking part
in local activities (actions). We want to make working atmosphere closer to
young people from eastern countries same time keeping the short distance
with general methods that western participants are used to.

Working groups will be formed in order to come up with recourses for future
projects, fresh ideas and views. We will also focus on personal experiences
and interactive learning that will ensure equal opportunities for all to
contribute.

To ensure practical follow-up we will create report and social committee so
participants are able to be part of preparing and reporting different parts
the seminar.

Prep team application form is sent together with this call and also can be
downloaded at our web site. To repeat: DEADLINE for submitting the
application (filled in applications form) to HYPERLINK
"mailto:summercamp at cdnee.org"summercamp at cdnee.org is 1th of June 2008 at
12AM CET.

With Best regards,

Milan Mitrovic

Network Coordinator

Council of Europe member states:

Albania

Liechtenstein

Andorra

Lithuania

Armenia

Luxembourg

Austria

Macedonia

Azerbaijan

Malta

Belgium

Moldova

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Monaco

Bulgaria

Netherlands

Croatia

Norway

Cyprus

Poland

Czech Republic

Portugal

Denmark

Romania

Estonia

Russian Federation

Finland

San Marino

France

Serbia and Montenegro

Georgia

Slovakia

Germany

Slovenia

Greece

Spain

Hungary

Sweden

Iceland

Switzerland

Ireland

Turkey

Italy

Ukraine

Latvia

United Kingdom

Please forward this call to your organization Email lists

Checked by AVG.
18:26