[fyeg_gen-l] call for 2 FYEG interns

FYEG fyeg at europarl.europa.eu
Mon May 21 19:37:14 CEST 2007

Call for Interns

Are you young, green and active? Have to do an internship for your
Bachelor or Master? Between study and work and don't want to sit at home
waiting for a job? Wanting to get work experience to have a better
change for your dream job? Interested in politics and youth issues?
Interested in the European Institutions?

Then FYEG is what you are looking for and you are what FYEG is looking
for!

FYEG, the Federation of Young European Greens, is a political youth NGO
that aims to bring together young green activists from all over Europe
to encourage both mutual understanding and mutual action to promote a
greener Europe. We are a young and very internationally orientated
organisation and work with/in countries all over Europe.

We are currently looking for 2 highly motivated interns to assist the
Office Coordinator in our head quarters in Brussels.

The first position is for the months of July till August and will be
focused on redesigning our website and communications. The second will
be from September till December and will be related to the general
improvement of our communications. Both are full-time positions, but the
working hours are flexible and you can therefore fix it according to
your studies/other interests..

Job content:

Summer Internship (July 1st - September 1st)

*         Website design, construction and management

*         Communications assistance (with the internal newsletter and
the Ecosprinter - the FYEG magazine)

Autumn Internship (September 1st - January 1st)

*         Communications will remain a big part of the internship tasks:
website, newsletters etc. Therefore, basic graphic design skills and
experience with website management are still required

*         However, another part of the job will consist of assisting the
Office Coordinator in running the organisation and working on the
organization of study sessions, seminars, campaigns or anything else
that you are interested in.

We always discuss thoroughly with our interns how they and we get most
out of their time within FYEG. Your personal or educational needs and
wishes are the basis of our co-operation.

 Profile candidate:

*	A good knowledge of the English language (written and oral) is
necessary.

*         Graphic design skills and knowledge of website design and
management (especially important if applying for the summer internship).

*	Knowledge of other European languages would be a plus.
*	Experience with the communications of an organization in
preferred but not necessary.
*	Younger than 30 year.
*	Good writing and computer skills.
*	Able to work independently and showing initiative.

Please note that:

The positions are unpaid. FYEG will only reimburse local travel costs
and lunch costs (within a limited budget).

If you are interested in a position as summer intern at FYEG, then
please send your CV and cover letter (explaining your motivation and
interest in applying for the position) before June 5th by email to
Judith Verweijen, email: judith at fyeg.org. <mailto:judith at fyeg.org>

If applying for the position of autumn intern the deadline for sending
your CV and cover letter is July 15th 2007 by email to Judith Verweijen,
email: judith at fyeg.org. <mailto:judith at fyeg.org>

Due to the high number of applications that we normally receive, we are
not able to reply personally to each applicant. Only applicants who are
short-listed will be notified. The results will be communicated at least
20 days in advance before the beginning of the internship.

If you want more information about the position, you can email or call
us.

Email: office at fyeg.org <mailto:office at fyeg.org>  - Tel: + 32 2 284 24 40