[fyeg_gen-l] Press Release: FYEG condemns today's bombings in London

FYEG FYEG at europarl.eu.int
Thu Jul 7 15:30:29 CEST 2005

FYEG condemns today's bombings in London

The European Young Greens express their solidarity with the citizens of
London, the victims and their families

Today London has suffered a huge terrorist attack in the underground
and the public transport, causing several victims. Commenting on that,
Ska Keller and Ernest Urtasun, spokespersons of FYEG said:

"We strongly condemn the attacks in London. This action demonstrates
the insanity of the terrorists mind and way of thinking. We want to
express our sympathies with the victims, their families and friends.
Violence is never a way of dealing and solving political
controversies".

FYEG, furthermore, urges the G8 to address the fundamental causes of
terrorism, such as poverty, hunger and oppression, so as to curb the
tide of these un-condonable callous acts.

------
End

Contact:
Ska Keller
+491705321250

Maarten Coertjens
Office Coordinator
Federation of Young European Greens AISBL.(FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium