[fyeg_gen-l] Training For Trainers - MDG and Development Education : July 2005, Finland

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 16:32:12 CET 2005

Dear Friends,

incase you are interested in a training for trainers on the Millenium
Development Goals and Development Education in Finland, July 2005,
feel free to check the following:

-A info letter about the training for trainers on MDG below.
-In attachment, you ll also find the programme and the preliminary
agreement programme.

Greetings,

Dante.

----
Info Letter Training  / from Riikka Jalonen ;  riikka.jalonen at minijellonat.fi

Dear Friends,

In beginning of July 2005 my organisation Minijellonat ry will
organise together with other Finnish NGO´s an international training
for trainers about United Nations Millennium Developmental Goals
(MDG´s) and development education.

The training will gather 25 young global educators around Europe
together to design activities in order to inform children about
developmental issues and MDG`s.  The aim of the training is to design
MDG manual for developmental educators in the field of formal and
informal education. During the ten days trainers around Europe will
share their ideas and exchange tools and methods in order to create a
manual of MDG-activities for children. The manual will consist
creative and practical activities to inform children about MDG`s and
aim to raise global solidarity and awareness about interconnection
between the wealth in North and poverty in South. The target group of
the activities will be young children (aged 7-12 years old) who learn
by playing and doing rather than by reading and listening. All the
activities will be also tested with a group of children during the
training.

The idea is not to design completely new activities but rather gather
up all the good ideas and practises that exist already and shape up
and develop them. We believe that many good practises have been
created and are used around Europe but the information about those
good practises is not shared and spread between organisations. Even
within a country the information is not passed from one organisation
to another  - and on European level the information gap is even
deeper.

The aim is to create interactive, inspiring and stimulating atmosphere
where young global educators can share their knowledge and skills,
evaluate their proficiency and learn from each other. Great attention
will also be given on the dissemination of the outcomes of the
training in order to maximise the number of individuals and
organisations that can benefit from the results of the training. All
the participants have the responsibility of disseminating the project
results in their own countries and organisations as well as taking
care of the translation of the manual to their language. The manual
will be written firstly in English, which is the language used in
training. The manual will also be put on many national and
international Internet pages (e.g. UN`s Millennium Campaign, EU´s and
CoE´s Youth- Training pages and North-South Centre's newsletter.)

The training will be held 3. - 13.7.2005 in Harjattula conference
centre near Turku, Finland. The participants will be young NGO-
representatives, youth workers, leaders, teachers and trainers from
Finland, Estonia, Holland, Portugal, Germany, Malta, Cyprus, Kosovo,
Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Sweden. Each organisation can sent
two participants to the training. All the participants are expected to
have good knowledge about the content of MDG´s, and experienced in
developmental education and working with children.

The training will be organised with the support from YOUTH-program.

With best regards,

Riikka Jalonen
Project coordinator, Minijellonat ry
Address: Pohjoinen rautatiekatu 21 b, 5.krs, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
+358-207 488 429
riikka.jalonen at minijellonat.fi

----

Riikka Jalonen message to MDG Youth Group: