[fyeg_gen-l] Invitation: Public Services, Globalisation and Sustainability

SCHEIRING Gabor sch.gabor at vedegylet.hu
Mon Jan 3 14:06:08 CET 2005

Please spread this information so it may reach more relevant parties
throughout Central and Eastern Europe.

Sorry for crosspostings.

Public Services, Globalisation and Sustainability

In an Enlarged Europe

Conference, February 11-13, 2005, Budapest

Across CEE vital public services are being privatized: Why? By whom?
For whom?

If you have asked yourself these questions then you are in good
company: the same question is being asked by citizens' groups across
the globe.

Protect the Future is looking for answers and invites you to a 3 day
learning experience with experienced campaigners, experts and engaged
organizations from all over Europe.

If the governments aren't listening, then we have to work together to
make them!

Public Services are too precious - join the debate on their future!

The conference serves the idea of bringing together actual and
potential campaigners from East and West. Our aim is to provide an
opportunity to learn more about the ongoing liberalization and
privatization of public services and the role that the WTO and the EU
play in this process, to promote a debate around the issue and to
discuss campaigning opportunities.

The conference will take place  in Budapest, February 11-13 2005.
Please find attached the draft programme of the conference.

We invite activist from Central and Eastern Europe. We are looking for
participants who are involved in related debates or who realized the
need to join this European wide campaign.

Some limited funds are available for travel costs reimbursement and
accommodation.

For registration and further information please contact Bálint Hamvas
(hamvasb at vedegylet.hu).

www.vedegylet.hu/conferences

Please spread this information so it may reach more relevant parties
throughout Central and Eastern Europe. And don't hesitate to contact
us!

Thank You for your help!

Contacts:

Bálint Hamvas