[fyeg_gen-l] More info on CDN Network Meeting

Aleksandar Jovanovic aleksandar at cdnee.org
Thu Apr 28 02:14:53 CEST 2005

Dear friends,
as Cvetan already informed you 2nd CDN Network Meeting will take place in Bitola, Republic of Macedonia actually in National park "Pelister" from 27th to 29th of May. Our first info was sent few weeks ago and since Srdjan from our office was keeping contact with people that are interested.

In this e mails I want to clarify info on who can apply for CDN membership/partnership, about travel/accommodations/meals support and about guests. Also I will explain possibility to candidate for the executive committee.

CDN membership/partnership:

If your organisation would like to become member of CDN
- It has to send an application letter to the office of CDN (office at cdnee.org) formally requesting to become a member
- It has to submitted attached information about organisation name, address, goals, work done in previous period and plans, number of members, annual budget and all other related info that you find important. If your organisation have statutes and program please submit English version to the office as well.

Members of CDN should be only organisations that are not base in EU countries and are from Europe. Your organisation should have environmental/human rights/democracy orientation and structure and actions that are reflecting these values.

CDN members have full voting rights at Network meetings, have possibility to candidate for positions in the executive committee and take part in all activities organised by CDN.

If your organisation would like to become partner of CDN
- It has to send an application letter to the office of CDN (office at cdnee.org) formally requesting to become a partner
- It has to submitted attached information about organisation name, address, goals, work done in previous period and plans, number of members, annual budget and all other related info that you find important. If your organisation have statutes and program please submit English version to the office as well.

Partners of CDN should be only organisations that are based in EU countries. Your organisation should have environmental/human rights/democracy orientation and structure and actions that are reflecting these values.

CDN partners do not have voting rights at Network meetings, have possibility to candidate for positions in the executive committee and take part in all activities organised by CDN.

CDN Executive Committee will take all the applications into consideration and present it to the network meeting with its recommendation.

DEADLINE FOR APPLYING for becoming partner or member for this year network meeting is: 15th of May 2005

Travel/accommodations/meals support and about guests:

CDN has to thank Green Forum Sweden for support in realisation of this meeting. Without their help it would not be possible to organise it.

Representatives (one) of member organisations and applicant organisation that are not from an EU country will receive full reimbursement for their travel costs. As well accommodation and meals will be off the charge during the network meeting. You are obliged to organise your trip in cheapest possible manner. All information and contact on this issue will be done by our office coordinator Srdjan office at cdnee.org who is responsible for this.

According to their rules WE ARE NOT ABLE to reimburse travel costs for anyone coming from EU countries. This means that representatives of applications for CDN partner, guests and current members from EU countries can not be reimburse for their travel costs to the meeting. In order to make it possible for all of you in this category to participate we managed to secure funding for covering your accommodation and meal cost (for one representative). At this point no participation fee is set.

If you want to be a guest you should contact CDN office with the request. In case there is still available places within our budget quota we will be able to pay your accommodations and meals during network meeting.

IMPORTANT: In case there is really many applications for partnership/membership the Executive Committee will have to make decision on the priority of organisations to invite. This means that rules above might not apply to some of the applicant countries in order for us to have enough money to pay for the costs of this meeting.

Applying for Executive Committee:

Any member organisation or partner organisation has a right to nominate a person for the executive committee. ONLY a member of a member or partner organisation with a recommendation letter from his organisation can apply. In this situation we will give also a chance to applicant organisations to nominate a person for the EC in order to have more candidates and diversity ensured for new executive committee.

If you want to apply:
- Ask your organisation to write a recommendation letter to CDN office for your candidacy
- Send your CV and motivation letter to our office (office at cdnee.org)

DEADLINE FOR APPLYING FOR CDN Executive Committee: 15. May 2005

We are unfortunately unable to cover your participation in case you are not same time representative of your organisation at the network meeting.

Oki, this is all for now. I hope we will have very good and successful meeting this year. CDN has developed gradually in last 2 years and this meeting will give a new bust in making CDN better!

For any information concerning this meeting please contact CDN office at: office at cdnee.org

Best regards,
Aleksandar Jovanovic
CDN EC member

p.s. At this meeting we will discuss and decide on changes in our basic documents (available at www.cdnee.org). Any suggestions for changes and/or introduction of new documents can be sent to me at: aleksandar at cdnee.org