[fyeg_gen-l] Forest Week has Started

FYEG FYEG at europarl.eu.int
Sat Apr 23 14:01:20 CEST 2005

No Forest - No Future

Dear All

The big moment ifs finally here: FYEG launched it's 1st International Week of the Forest.
We started off with a press release that was sent out to all media. We hope to get them interested in all your activities.

>From today till first of May, a lot of our Member organisations will do different actions, events debates etc, starting with the Action Weekend. For the full list: please check below. (note that it is still incomplete, many MO's have not sent all info to us)

Unfortunately we are all out of promotion material. So use the e-folder form on our website.

So enjoy the nice weather, the forests and all the different activities.
Please send us a short report afterwards of what you did with some pictures for in our magazine 'The Ecosprinter'

Happy campaigning
Maarten, Vincent, Reka, Arend and Gabor
For all info check www.noforestnofuture.net

-----------------
Poland:
 movie show: "Nie wolno wycinac starych drzew" ("Cutting Old Trees Not Allowed") - 7 P.M., April 21st, "W starym kinie" Club, Nowowiejeski St., Poznan. The movie, released by WWF Poland shows the ecological value of the Bialowieza Forest and the main threats to its' survival. The show will be followed by discussion and the launch of the "Vote for the Bialowieza Forest" (Glos dla Puszczy Bialowieskiej) action.

"Vote for Bialowieza Forest" - for the whole evening of April 21st and also on the Earth Day (April 22nd) symbolical "green votes" will be collected at the Old Square of Poznan, calling for extending the Bialowieza National Park to all the Forest. We consider such an action neccesary for preservation of the Forest - a treasure of global value - wich is dying as we watch.

The votes collected will be passed to the Minister for Environment in the Polish government.

www.ostrazielen.strefazieleni.pl <outbind://53/www.ostrazielen.strefazieleni.pl>

France:

Week end 22-24 avril:

"Gardening Guerilla" in Ménilmontant (Paris) on the occasion of the forest week.

Contact person : mathilde at ouvaton.org <outbind://53/ym/Compose?To=mathilde@ouvaton.org&YY=55467&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b>

Malta:

See <http://www.alternativemalta.com/>  our website for the full Programme, they do so much it would explode this email :-)

Germany:

Bavarian district of Schwaben: a guided tour in a close forest in Augsburg, the capital of Schwaben the 30th of April and action about the value of old trees in Donauwörth.

Gruene Jugend Schwaben

Actions in the town of Mühldorf

Bavarian Young Greens

Netherlands:

On the 24th of April (sunday) DWARS will plant trees on a terrain ( empty for over a year ) where once lived students to realise a tree park.

Flanders:

On the 28th of April Jong Groen will do a guided tour in the forest of Northj-Flanders with some forest groups. For more info: Jan.van.eemeren at telenet.be <mailto:Jan.van.eemeren at telenet.be>

Also there will be activities in Ireland, Bulgaria, Serbia and many more.

Maarten Coertjens
Office Coordinator
Federation of Young European Greens AISBL.(FYEG)
European Parliament
ASP 8G138
Rue Wiertz
B-1047 Brussels, Belgium