[fyeg_gen-l] GU Sweden leaves FYEG

Sascha Bachmann sascha at fyeg.org
Tue Apr 19 17:00:37 CEST 2005

Hi folks,

I've been on Grön Ungdom's (GU) annual meeting in Göteborg last weekend and
I wanted you to know, that they decided to end the membership in FYEG and
to apply for observership at next General Assembly (GA). 48 members were in
favour of it and 31 wanted Grön Ungdom to remain a member.

The main reasons for leaving were, that some people see the tendency in
FYEG to become the youth organization of the "European Green Party" instead
of staying a grassroots orientated network. The organization's members are
against European Union and its "Constitution"-treaty, these are two more
reasons for them to be against the European-wide FYEG. Grön Ungdom's
membership fee of 25.000 SEK (appr. 2750 EUR) will be spend for other
international networks or cooperation.

But they also decided to work close together with FYEG and CDN, although
they don't want to remain member.

After Danmark's Grøn Ungdom was suspended from membership at last GA and
Sweden now left, some people now try to convince the GU of Norway to leave
too. The want to found a regional network of the Scandinavian Green Youth
organizations for a strong cooperation between these groups.

Greetings from Berlin,
Sascha

International Representative
Green Youth in Germany